Gary’s Lecture and Workshop Topics for 2018-2019:
Lecture Titles (each campus can select one of the four)
- Ethnobiology for the Future: Revitalizing the Links between Cultural and Biological Diversity
- Conservation You Can Taste: The Role of Ethnobiologists in the Collaborative Conservation of Food Diversity
- Integrating Indigenous Science, Academic Science and Citizen Science for All-Taxa Biodiversity Inventories in Threatened Landscapes
- Tapping Into the Wisdom of the Desert: Sustainably Growing Food in the Face of Climate Change & Water Scarcity
Afternoon Workshops (or Readings) for Students (optional)
- Next Steps in Relocalizing Your Food System: Lessons from Tucson, the First UNESCO City of Gastronomy in the U.S.
- Community-Based Seed Saving, Seed Libraries, Seed Exchanges and You!
- Recovering Endangered Pollinators through Food Chain Restoration
- Sown By Hand—Poems about Seeds and Their Sowers
Prices for Out-of-state / In-state Lectures:
- Out-of-state evening lecture and afternoon workshop: $4500 / plus travel and lodging
- In-state evening lecture or workshops: $3000 / plus ground travel costs